installing a WUSB54GSC woes

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
blakcshadow

installing a WUSB54GSC woes

Post by blakcshadow »

I am trying to install a Linksys WUSB54GSC and I seem to have issues with it. I tried using the NDISWrapper built into Mint, but all I received was an invalid driver afterwards. I followed a tutorial that had me install it on a Windows machine, pull the rndismp.sys and usb8023.sys files and use them with NDISWrapper. Now NDISWrapper tells me that it cannot detect if the hardware is present, and the indicator light on the adapter is glowing a dull green.

Can anyone help me try and get this adapter working, or is it a lost cause?

Edit:

I'm running Linux Mint 7 XFCE edition.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Aging Technogeek

Re: installing a WUSB54GSC woes

Post by Aging Technogeek »

blakcshadow

Post by blakcshadow »

its a different chipset than the WUSB54G and the WUSB54GSC. WUSB54G uses Ralink and I believe WUSB54GSC uses Broadcom
blakcshadow

Post by blakcshadow »

sorry for the double-post but I made some progress. I have the driver installed again, and its still unable to tell if the hardware is present. I have modified the USB power settings in the 99-custom.rules file for my device.

No effect.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

If you need further help with this please see the simple rules in http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=33561 and for wifi http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=1085
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.

Return to “Hardware Support”