hibernate not working!

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
iferdjani

hibernate not working!

Post by iferdjani »

hi everyone!

so got Linux Mint 8 LXDE installed on 3 out of four laptops in the house and ITS AMAZING!!! :D

one problem tho, hibernate does not work! i read somewhere that the swap had to be more than the ram for it to work, but it is so...not sure what to do...

in case it helps, they are all toshibas but different "generations" lol
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Jay514

Re: hibernate not working!

Post by Jay514 »

Welcome to Linux Mint
It seems that Kendall mentioned to me about installing the power control from fluxbox ( I am on LXDE x64/ Installed with KDE x64.)
I was unable to locate that PM, & it may be just that you have to add something to the auto start start - up list for your laptop.
Although I have a Toshiba, I do not currently have LXDE on it.I hate to redirect you,but the LXDE being new, I would suggest that you ask Kendall, as he would know how to do this, He is very helpful, & can be reached by PM.
I hope you can resolve your issue, have a good day.
subslug
Level 3
Level 3

Post by subslug »

Just so you know, this could also have a lot to do with your Computers actual bios or power management than what desktop manager your running.

I've never really had any luck hibernating with my Toshiba laptop. On my Asus 1000HE netbook though, suspending works perfectly.
BrianD

Post by BrianD »

not meaning to be nit-picky, but hibernate, suspend, and sleep are three different things.
iferdjani

Post by iferdjani »

okay I PMed him and shall wait for an answer hopefully!

well I hope it's not a BIOS thing and it can be fixed, at least so that it can hibernate. i can live without the other two! and it's weird because i got LXDE on 3 toshibas, and only mine's hibernate mode does not work...hm...(but i mean, they are not identical toshibas...)

Return to “Hardware Support”