I want to change to an internal BluRay player

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
UnklFungus

I want to change to an internal BluRay player

Post by UnklFungus »

I have a Gateway NV52 and I checked with Gateway and I was told that it will support an internal BluRay player. I need sources for this as I am unsure as to a good vendor for one. Also, is this a fairly easy thing to do? Do I just remove that back of the laptop and swap? I have bookmarked the page about Playing Blu-Ray and HD DVD Video;
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Restr ... ayAndHDDVD but any other input is welcome.

Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: I want to change to an internal BluRay player

Post by remoulder »

AFAICT it's just a matter of removing the lock screw, taking out the drive and inserting the new one. However I read that this model has a max screen resolution that is too low to display full HD, so unless you are planning to use an external monitor, why bother?
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
UnklFungus

Re: I want to change to an internal BluRay player

Post by UnklFungus »

Well, the DVD player in it now gives a soft focus to everything. My progressive scan on my CRT TV at home gives a crisper picture. Thus, my thinking is that it would have to provide a better picture that what I get now. Additionally, my laptop has an HDMI out, so if I wanted to, I could use it for an HD TV, etc.

Return to “Hardware Support”