[SOLVED] drive not being mounted

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
DrMartinus

[SOLVED] drive not being mounted

Post by DrMartinus »

Hi,

I have a very strang problem: one hdd isn't mounted, and can't be mounted. mount tells: it is already mounted or the mountpoint is in use
But it definitely is not mounted - there is nothing to see in the mountpoint. And I can nout umount the drive.

The drive had been mounted regularly every time the machine booted up. Today, all of a sudden, it doesn't mount it any more. I have made no changes to fstab or anything else on the system. I checked in drive administration (control center), there it says that the file system is unclean. but running fsck says: the file system is mounted,
yet it isn't - that's what umount says.
Any ideas?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

Re: drive not being mounted

Post by caf4926 »

You should post info from

Code: Select all

fdisk -l
and explain what's there and if you have assigned a mount point specifically in fstab which is not really necessary, though some choose to do it.
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon
DrMartinus

Re: drive not being mounted

Post by DrMartinus »

The problem has already been solved - actually, by itself. After a time, about 30 minutes or so, the drive appeared. Something must have been using it in the background, but I didn't notice any process that would do that.
Anyway, I'm happy now. Thanks for your help!

Return to “Hardware Support”