Stuttering Audio in LM 9 Running Under VirtualBox

Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Stuttering Audio in LM 9 Running Under VirtualBox

Postby djross95 on Sun May 30, 2010 4:44 pm

I am running Mint 9 on an iMac using Virtual Box 3.2. Everything is working perfectly except audio. When I try to play a song, or when listening to audio on a website, the sound stutters badly--it's virtually unlistenable. I'm not sure if this is related to running Mint in a virtual machine or not. I've fiddled with the audio settings to no effect. Does anyone know what's going on? Thanks for your help in advance! DR
djross95
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Stuttering Audio in LM 9 Running Under VirtualBox

Postby djross95 on Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:36 am

Anyone with any thoughts on this question? Am I the only one having this problem? :( Thanks, DR
djross95
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Stuttering Audio in LM 9 Running Under VirtualBox

Postby bovardj on Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:46 pm

Hey! I just solved this issue with the help of the VB forums. (I'm assuming you're running the Gnome version of LM 9, I am)

Open gedit (OpenOffice won't work, I don't know why) and copy/paste the following three lines into it.

options snd-intel8x0 ac97_clock=48000
options snd slots=snd-intel8x0
alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0

Save the file as "sound". Find the file (in documents or wherever you saved it) and change the name to "sound.conf"

Type alt+F2. In the window that pops up type in "gksudo nautilus" then hit return. Type in your password.

Now you should be in a red File Browser. (that means you have root privilege) Now move the sound.conf file into File System/etc/modprobe.d

This should solve your issue. (You may have to log out and back in or restart LM 9)
bovardj
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Hardware Support