Bluetooth headset - Weird Static

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Jaaxx
Level 1
Level 1

Bluetooth headset - Weird Static

Post by Jaaxx »

Mint 9 64 (problem started in Mint 7 BTW)
Belkin F8T016 Bluetooth Dongle (same results with Motorola & Generic Broadcom dongles)
Sony DR-BT10 Headset

This headset pairs fine and A2DP sound works flawlessly. However, when using HSP mode there is so much static the set is useless.

Clues are -
Very little static in LiveCD mode, so little that I would call it acceptable for HSP. Skype, Ekiga, etc work as expected.
In installed mode, the static seems to be somehow tied to the mouse. For example, if I start a sound stream and then rapidly scroll a document or webpage up and down the static completely subsides as long as I keep scrolling. Strange. Note that I can barely hear the sound stream under the static otherwise.

I examined the output of lsusb, /proc/interrupts, and dmesg on LiveCD vs Install to look for anything telling, but did not see any real differences.
I did notice an HID Mouse and Keyboard devices setup when the dongle is inserted along with the bluetooth device.

Has anyone come across this before? Nothing of any use on the buntu forums.

Edit - side note. This same headset works perfectly on my EEEPC with built in bluetooth. I'm really leaning toward some sort of interrupt conflict with the dongle.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Jaaxx
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Bluetooth headset - Weird Static

Post by Jaaxx »

So I guess I'm the only one with this bluetooth issue eh? *sigh*

Return to “Hardware Support”