"Waiting for sound system to respond"

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mzsade
Level 5
Level 5

"Waiting for sound system to respond"

Post by mzsade »

I recently replaced pulse audio with alsa as per this http://ubuntu-ky.ubuntuforums.org/showp ... ostcount=4, now whenever i go to Preferences>>sound, i get this and nothing happens.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Linux User #481272 Reg: 15th Sept., 2008
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: "Waiting for sound system to respond"

Post by remoulder »

You cannot fully remove pulseaudio, your system is now broken. You could try reversing what you have done?
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
mzsade
Level 5
Level 5

Re: "Waiting for sound system to respond"

Post by mzsade »

Doesn't seem broken to my uneducated eyes, everything works, i just cannot configure sound preferences. It's not as if i do not have any sound or anything of that sort--"your system is now broken" seems unnecessarily alarming. :lol: I think i should have gone to sound preferences before i uninstalled pulse and changed some field to alsa. A very minor glitch, i think, one that i can live with if i have to, i am looking for a workaround, because pulse does cause problems with media in my virtualbox.
Linux User #481272 Reg: 15th Sept., 2008

Return to “Hardware Support”