Connecting an Xbox 360

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ysuran

Connecting an Xbox 360

Post by ysuran »

Hi All

I am trying to connect my Xbox 360 to my laptop which is running Linux Mint V6 and I am connecting it with an ehternet cable, but the only problem is that when I click on the wired internet connection it tries to connect but it doesn't manage it, I have been looking on the net and I have seen on some of the other linux forums to go into the network connections and change the IPV4 setting to shared to other computers but then it doesn't even try to connect, I change IPV4 settings again this time to link - local only and it does take the connection but the Xbox doesn't connect. The other part of the puzzle is that I am also running Windows XP in VMware and I once a connection has been made on both linux and the Xbox can the vitrual windows pick up the Xbox. I have also seen a few programs that might help and I was wondering would they be worth trying, the programs are WINE-DOORS, FUPPES AND GEEXBOX.

Thank You

Stephen McConville
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ysuran

Re: Connecting an Xbox 360

Post by ysuran »

Hi

If this thread is in the wrong section please say and clsoe it down and I will start it up again in the networking section. PLEASE can someone help me with this issue.

Thank You

Return to “Hardware Support”