Going to battery power locks mouse, keyboard

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dholoman

Going to battery power locks mouse, keyboard

Post by dholoman »

on compaq laptop with fully charge battery, if I remove the power cord, both the mouse and the keyboard lock. there is still a display, but you have to power down and boot with the cord to recover. If you boot without the cord, you get the login display with locked keyboard and mouse.

This is a laptop so I pretty well need to have the ability to use it on battery.

version = isadora, hware = amd64 . laptop basically new, has worked properly in the past.

If you know of anything I can try, that would be great. Thanks in advance.

DH
Raleigh, NC
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dholoman

More Data

Post by dholoman »

This issue has to do with software, not hardware, since it works just fine when booting from the CD. Something has gone whack in the power management sphere, notably when doing things like automatic screen dimming when going to battery, or accessing battery information when on battery. The power management interface has about 3 moving parts, and whatever is at play here doesn't seem to be one of them.
DH
dawgdoc

Re: Going to battery power locks mouse, keyboard

Post by dawgdoc »

One place to check, based on my experience with a locked out touchpad, is xml files in ~/.gconf/desktop/gnome/peripherals There should be subfolders for keyboard and mouse. If there are any entries regarding AC power, look for wording as "true" or "false" Another place to look would be ~/.gconf/apps/gnome-power-manager

Return to “Hardware Support”