External USB drive / solved

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sprint
Level 1
Level 1

External USB drive / solved

Post by sprint »

hello all !

Strange thing happend, i installed Cassandra 3.0 kde on the new pc , everything works fine except it does not open the external USB drive wich is formatted in NTFS,
I have marked the 2 points in NTFS config about making the internal en external NTFS drives writable, even log off and back on, no go

it gives the little screen with the questions how to open this device , when i hit open in new window nothing happens,

in other Linux and windows os on the same pc no problem

Someone knows what's causing this ,?

Thanks a lot guy's !

pc is Gigabyte P35 d3, intel 6850 , sata II ,2 gb ram
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Post by Husse »

The disk needs to connected at boot
If that's not it post back
Oh - mintDisk may conflict with the ntfs tool
sprint
Level 1
Level 1

Post by sprint »

Husse wrote:The disk needs to connected at boot
If that's not it post back
Oh - mintDisk may conflict with the ntfs tool
Hello,
Well i tryed that , no go, just the same. It is a external HD from an unkown brand in NTFS, now the other external HD i use is a WD my book also completely in NTFS, an on this drive it works fine.....

I did install Cassandra 3.0 in Gnome this evening and suprise on this distro it all works ....so problem is in kde somewhere :shock:

Ubuntu based huh :twisted:
Husse

Post by Husse »

I must have missed that you had KDE in your original post. In gnome mintDisk automounts normally without problems
sprint
Level 1
Level 1

Post by sprint »

Husse wrote:I must have missed that you had KDE in your original post. In gnome mintDisk automounts normally without problems
Hello again,
Yes sorry i did not wrote that i used KDE at that time.
I installed the Celena beta 2 tonight and it works great and runs very fast ! good job !!
but....i installed it first on a IDE HD solo, no other OS's , everything runs perfect !
Then i installed on the main disk ( removed the first one) on this disk was before this installation of beta 2 , XP and Sabayon + Mint Bianca gnome installed, i formated the partion with Bianca and installed Celena Beta 2 on this partition (jfs file type...) all ok , untill i did the system update, i did not see that this time the other kernel was installed !!! on the first disk solo this was not.... so in installed after aal was finished the Nvidia driver with Envy and .. Bang ! no image found after start up on the latest kernel 20.16 .
I reboot it :evil: and started the first kernel 20.15 this runs fine.

What went wrong ? order of updates and the Nvidia driver ?
How can i fix this or should i just leave it and don't use the 20 .16 kernel ?

Mukke tak !

thanks alot guy's :)
Husse

Post by Husse »

I'll check in on this again when I have time
Husse

Post by Husse »

Must have been tired when I read this the first time - you must have made a manual update.
Celena is to run with 2.20.15 - period
Stay with it :)
The update manager is removed and in Daryna (4.0) we will have our own update manager mintUpdate
http://www.linuxmint.com/planet/The_Lin ... mintUpdate

Return to “Hardware Support”