broadcom package missing

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jason46

broadcom package missing

Post by jason46 »

So yesterday morning I decided to install mint9 kde, upgrading from 8, on my mini and now I have ubuntu installed.

The issue is the broadcom drivers seem to be unavailable, I get an error message can not resolve archive.ubuntu.com when attempting to install. The error message mentions the following link, is there a work around, or can I expect this package to be available again?

http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/m ... 4_i386.deb

Thanks
Jason
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bigBuckets

Re: broadcom package missing

Post by bigBuckets »

I had a similar issue on my KDE install. When I do a fresh KDE install I have to do an "apt-get upgrade" and "apt-get dist-upgrade" before I can install the Broadcom drivers. YMMV, but this worked for me.
ferro

Post by ferro »

We talking about the wireless b43 drivers? If so, I had to manually run b43-fwcutter to get the firmware running to make it work.
Gramps50

Post by Gramps50 »

Just to be clear you will need a ethernet connection to be able to download the B43 drivers. Plus I have had much better luck when I do a update before installing it.
jason46

Post by jason46 »

The PC did have an internet connection at the time, but I had not installed updates. I have opensuse installed now, I'll run the update next time mint is installed.

Thanks

Return to “Hardware Support”