Help Upgrading to Alsa 1.0.23

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rowbird

Help Upgrading to Alsa 1.0.23

Post by rowbird »

Hi all, I installed Mint 9 on an HP G62 laptop. The sound would only come out of the headphone jacks, and the mic jack worked, but the mic on top of the screen would not. I tried compiling the new driver but the download would fail citing some kind of server error. Isn't there an easier way to get this driver installed than compiling it from scratch? Thanks in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Help Upgrading to Alsa 1.0.23

Post by remoulder »

Code: Select all

apt install linux-backports-modules-alsa-lucid-generic
will install the latest alsa built by the ubuntu devs, anything newer you have to do yourself.
Last edited by remoulder on Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
Brian49

Post by Brian49 »

remoulder - is there a typo in your code, "backposts" for "backports"?
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

Thanks Brian
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
torturedutopian

Post by torturedutopian »

Hi !

I've just switched from Ubuntu Lucid Lynx to Mint Debian Edition :-)

It works pretty well :) I have just one issue : under Ubuntu I needed to install this "alsa backports package", otherwise, I couldn't mix several audio sources (pulse + alsa for instance). I couldn't find an equivalent to this "alsa backports".

What I wonder is : do I just have to wait for an ALSA update ? (because I remember I had to install this "backports" package for several releases, as if it wasn't applied to the next one)

Congrats guys & cheers !
(PS : what about a recurring paypal payment to fund Linux Mint ?)

Return to “Hardware Support”