Mint 9 x64 dvd hardware requirements

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ptrflrs

Mint 9 x64 dvd hardware requirements

Post by ptrflrs »

I want to try the new mint 9 amd 64 dvd but not sure if it will work with my hardware. (I am downloading the torrent over night) I have an intel pentium D motherboard D945PSN with 4gb ram but I can't find any information on this. I have tried older versions of the 32 bit but i can't get the on board nic to work. Should I stick to x86 version or will this board support 64 bit? I have tried google searches for linux mint 9 x64 hardware requirements but haven't found any definitive answers.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
OldManHook

Re: Mint 9 x64 dvd hardware requirements

Post by OldManHook »

Not sure but think the early 945 chipset is 32 bit You can check the Intel support site,or just Google your board #.
In any case you might want to stick with 32 bit,You will not see much gain if any with that board -Good Luck :?
ptrflrs

Post by ptrflrs »

OldManHook wrote:Not sure but think the early 945 chipset is 32 bit You can check the Intel support site,or just Google your board #.
In any case you might want to stick with 32 bit,You will not see much gain if any with that board -Good Luck :?

well, I thought my board could handle x64 from belarc advisor:

2.80 gigahertz Intel Pentium D
16 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (2 total)
Not hyper-threaded

but should I stick to x86 distro anyway?
ptrflrs

Post by ptrflrs »

anybody else have any advice?
OldManHook

Post by OldManHook »

ptrflrs wrote:anybody else have any advice?
Same as before, Have you googled your board and checked Intel Site if they say 64 bit they would know best you can download 64 main DVD and try it,I run the 64 bit with no problems-so like the ads say--"Just Do It" :) You can also come back if you have problems i'm sure more people will be able to help :idea:

Return to “Hardware Support”