suspend and touchpad issues on acer aspire 5534

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
h3rm35

suspend and touchpad issues on acer aspire 5534

Post by h3rm35 »

Two issues, that I have to address, and I hope it's ok to deal with them in the same thread, since they're both hardware related (I think).
I have and Acer Aspire 5534 laptop that I recently installed isadora dual boot over an existing windows 7 install.
First thing is that the cursor seems to be randomly epileptic while manipulating the touchpad - that is, as I move the arrow around the screen, it will randomly fly all over the screen in different directions. I've reduced its sensitivity drastically and disabled clicking by tapping it in the control center, and both of those seemed to reduce the problem, but it still remains.

Second thing is that I've tried numerous time to stop the computer from suspending after a period of inactivity and nothing seems to work. I've searched the forums for a solution, but it seems as though this type of thing is very specific to individual set-ups, so here I am asking...

I'm no expert at dealing with linux issues, but I have been using both Ubuntu and Mint for over a year now, so I've got some basic stuff down, but I wasn't a command-line commando in my previous life as a windows user either, so please be patient with me.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dawgdoc

Re: suspend and touchpad issues on acer aspire 5534

Post by dawgdoc »

h3rm35 wrote:Second thing is that I've tried numerous time to stop the computer from suspending after a period of inactivity and nothing seems to work. I've searched the forums for a solution, but it seems as though this type of thing is very specific to individual set-ups, so here I am asking...
go to > Menu > Preferences > Screensaver
see if unchecking Lock screen when screensaver is active will alleviate this trouble.
h3rm35

Re: suspend and touchpad issues on acer aspire 5534

Post by h3rm35 »

Great! thanks so much, that seems to have worked... anyone have any ideas about the epileptic touchpad?

Return to “Hardware Support”