Head phone not working [solved]

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
karanraj

Head phone not working [solved]

Post by karanraj »

hi am using Linux Mint 9...am not able use headphone in linux mint....there is three pin for audio in cpu...when plugin i plugin the head phone in centre of the pin,then it works else it wont work for me...which is same for the speaker also.......but while using in windows am not getting any pblm....pls give solution for me....
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kwevej

Re: Head phone not working

Post by kwevej »

If u got 3 sockets there, your audio card is probably 5.1 - that means:

1st socket: 2 front speakers / headphones
2nd socket: 2 rear speakers
3rd socket: subwoofer

So, the question is, how to setup 5.1 in Mint.
I'd to follow these guidelines: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SurroundSound

Just a terminology note:
the "pin" is called a jack .. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_(connector)
CPU is central processing unit, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_processing_unit , which is "something" quite different than your PC case..

Take care.
karanraj

Post by karanraj »

i want to connect my two speakers and headphone to my system...am not able to connect both the things to my system and mic in my headphone is not working ..just help me to solve this issue
kwevej

Post by kwevej »

Be more specific.
It looked like you had an software issue, now you are talking about hardware.
If u need to connect both speakers and headphones, buy an adapter - 1 jack to 2 jacks socket
karanraj

Post by karanraj »

there is no..hardware issue....while using in windows os...am not getting this problem.....just tell me how to check whether my headphone is working or not..
kwevej

Post by kwevej »

you can tell by yourself, whether your headphone is working.
Don't wanna be offensive, but you'd better ask in your native language forum, or describe the problem more precisely in English.
karanraj

Post by karanraj »

There is three socket in my cpu,as you said
1st socket: 2 front speakers / headphones
2nd socket: 2 rear speakers
3rd socket: subwoofer....

for my head phone there is two jack one is green and another one is pink,i plugin that to first and second,there is one jack for my two speakers which is green in colour i plugin that to third pin....now am able to hear sound only in my headphone,for voice call,mic in my headphone is not working.....

I tryed this,i plugin the two jack of my head phone into first and third socket...one jack of my speaker into the second socket...now am able hear sound only in my speaker,not in my headphone....

this my problem,i hope you understand now...am new to linux,so am not having more knowledge about it.....
kwevej

Post by kwevej »

ok.

The pink one is the one for microphone.
The function of the sockets is the same like in windows. So plug in the headphones the same way u do in windows.

If the mic still doesn't work for u. You'll have to do some configuration.
http://www.blog.arun-prabha.com/2008/05 ... in-ubuntu/

..and again. it is NOT a CPU.
sangre1077

Post by sangre1077 »

This was posted somewhere else on this forum but someone only had mic issues which I had that issue they said to goto package manager and and install gnome ALSA what this program does is it amplifies your sound a bit this worked for me play with some settings for input and mic give the mic a boost then you might have to lower it on that green speaker on bottom right goto sound preferences goto input raise your amp level see if that helps after you used gnome alsa you might have to lower amp level under sound preferences

also make sure your sound isn't muted
kwevej

Post by kwevej »

sangre1077 wrote:This was posted somewhere else on this forum but someone only had mic issues which I had that issue they said to goto package manager and and install gnome ALSA what this program does is it amplifies your sound a bit this worked for me play with some settings for input and mic give the mic a boost then you might have to lower it on that green speaker on bottom right goto sound preferences goto input raise your amp level see if that helps after you used gnome alsa you might have to lower amp level under sound preferences

also make sure your sound isn't muted
The longest sentence I've ever seen :D
karanraj

Post by karanraj »

than you all....problem solved by using "Gnome ALSA"....now working finely..thanks for your help...

Return to “Hardware Support”