EL keyboard won't illuminte

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
newlinuxuser

EL keyboard won't illuminte

Post by newlinuxuser »

I have a new SUNBEAMTECH EL-KB-07 keyboard that uses SCROLL LOCK to turn the KB illumination on/off. It doesn't work on my new computer with Linux Mint 9. It does work on my old Windows XP system. Deadbot1 had a similar problem and posted a solution last November on this forum, but I tried it and it didn't work for me. The keyboard is made for Windows systems, but does anyone know how to make it work on Mint? Surely there must be someway to reprogram or "trick" the KB into lighting up for a Mint system.

I would appeciate any help with this matter.
Thank you
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JasonLG

Re: EL keyboard won't illuminte

Post by JasonLG »

newlinuxuser wrote:I have a new SUNBEAMTECH EL-KB-07 keyboard that uses SCROLL LOCK to turn the KB illumination on/off. It doesn't work on my new computer with Linux Mint 9. It does work on my old Windows XP system. Deadbot1 had a similar problem and posted a solution last November on this forum, but I tried it and it didn't work for me. The keyboard is made for Windows systems, but does anyone know how to make it work on Mint? Surely there must be someway to reprogram or "trick" the KB into lighting up for a Mint system.

I would appeciate any help with this matter.
Thank you
Look in your bios for a scroll lock setting.
newlinuxuser

Re: EL keyboard won't illuminte

Post by newlinuxuser »

Thanks for the hint Jason, but I can't seem to find anything in BIOS concerning Scroll lock.

Return to “Hardware Support”