Laptop upgrade?

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
CsG_kieran_2

Laptop upgrade?

Post by CsG_kieran_2 »

hey,

i am thinking of upgrading my laptop, i know its risky business but i am looking to give it a try. the laptop is a Toshiba L300D-10Q and what am looking to do is replace the CPU from the duel core Amd 64 (bit out of date? :lol:) to some thing like the Amd Athlon ii x2. My question is, will the motherboard support it? is the original CPU soldered? fan and heatsink upgrade? and last of all, graphics card upgrade. i have a fair mind of hard ware + risks.

Any and all help is a big tnx, :D

p.s i know about a desktop or buying a new laptop but am stubborn 8)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
LarryP

Re: Laptop upgrade?

Post by LarryP »

Ok first off a great many lappies have soldered in cpus you Might find out if yours is by googling it never did find a good answer about mine lol ' and if your lucky and it's not soldered it you'll have to check toshiba's site amd mabe need to google exactly will swap. best advice is if you can swap keep your tdp the same or lower or you'll likely have bad heat problems. If it were me i'd probably sell the toshiba and put the proceeds towards a newer better laptop. Trying to work on laptops is nothing like desktops. I can and willplay with the hardware in a desktop in a heartbeat ' after I google the heck out of what hardware i want to play with. Edit the graphic are probably onboard dunno if they make discrete graphics for lappies never looked :lol: you'd probably seem more of a performance increase switching to 7200 rpm hard drive or better yet ssd :)
CsG_kieran_2

Re: Laptop upgrade?

Post by CsG_kieran_2 »

damn thats the answer i was expecting :(
meh, looks like am getting a desktop lol :cry:
what about replacing the motherboard completely? am sure someone out there makes boards for laptops right?

Return to “Hardware Support”