[SOLVED] Microphone not working on Toshiba T130-15F

Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

[SOLVED] Microphone not working on Toshiba T130-15F

Postby m4daredsun on Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:47 am

Dear experts,

I am running Mint 9 64-bit on my Toshiba T130-15F. Almost everything works fine, but I cannot manage to use the integrated microphone. I already googled for some solutions, but I had no luck.

These are the things I have already tried:

1) add model quriks to /etc/modprob.d/alsa-base.conf -> this allows me to use an external microphone and headset, but the integrated mic is mute. I tried

Code: Select all
options snd-hda-intel model=olpc-xo-1_5

or

Code: Select all
options snd-hda-intel model=thinkpad


2) install linux-alsa-driver-modules from repository ppa:ubuntu-audio-dev/ppa -> nothing changes. I still need a model quirk to use the external headphones and mic and the integrated mic doesn't catch any input :( :( :(

I already submitted the bug to launchpad (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-driver/+bug/665302), but does anybody have an idea of what I can try next?

Thanx
Last edited by m4daredsun on Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only limiting factor of the Linux operating system is its user - Linus Torvalds
User avatar
m4daredsun
Level 2
Level 2
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:31 pm

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.
 

Re: Microphone not working on Toshiba T130-15F [Conexant CX2

Postby m4daredsun on Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:37 pm

No ideas??

Please, I am very sad...............

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
The only limiting factor of the Linux operating system is its user - Linus Torvalds
User avatar
m4daredsun
Level 2
Level 2
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:31 pm

Re: Microphone not working on Toshiba T130-15F [Conexant CX2

Postby Enna on Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:02 pm

Did you try this?

to solve microphone trouble, a very simple solution is:

1. Open PulseAudio volume control
2. Click Input tab
3.Click the middle one of the three buttons in the right hand corner
PulseAudio.png
PulseAudio.png (30.23 KiB) Viewed 1360 times

4. Put one channel down to about 10% and the other to about 90% (most microphones only have one input channel, so with both channels up it's booting itself out).
5. Restart your computer and start a Skype test call!

Good luck!
Linux Mint 15 Olivia / 64-bit / Cinnamon
User avatar
Enna
Level 2
Level 2
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:34 am

Re: Microphone not working on Toshiba T130-15F [Conexant CX2

Postby Anutesyn on Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:22 pm

This fixed my problems! Thanks a lot Enna!
Linux Mint 10 RC
User avatar
Anutesyn
Level 1
Level 1
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:17 am

Re: Microphone not working on Toshiba T130-15F [Conexant CX2

Postby m4daredsun on Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:55 pm

Enna wrote:Did you try this?

to solve microphone trouble, a very simple solution is:

1. Open PulseAudio volume control
2. Click Input tab
3.Click the middle one of the three buttons in the right hand corner
PulseAudio.png

4. Put one channel down to about 10% and the other to about 90% (most microphones only have one input channel, so with both channels up it's booting itself out).
5. Restart your computer and start a Skype test call!

Good luck!


Tried but did not solve my issue :(

Thanks anyway
The only limiting factor of the Linux operating system is its user - Linus Torvalds
User avatar
m4daredsun
Level 2
Level 2
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:31 pm

Re: Microphone not working on Toshiba T130-15F [Conexant CX2

Postby Camzl1 on Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:53 pm

Came across this post when searching for answers on the same topic for my Toshiba T135d 13" laptop. Same problem in Mint 10 then switched to PClinux OS 2011.6. Computer worked better but still same mic problem. I then tried the live dvd of Mint 11 and the headphones and external mic worked fine, but still not the internal. Not wanting to mess too much, I installed gnome-alsa mixer through synaptic and for the first time I have select-able mic channels. I switched to mic F and then chose OK and now the internal mic works just fine. After that I permanently installed and went through the process again as the changes didn't save from the live dvd and they are once again working. I know this is an old post but thought it might help.
Camzl1
Level 1
Level 1
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:35 am

Re: Microphone not working on Toshiba T130-15F [Conexant CX2

Postby m4daredsun on Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:14 pm

After few years the problem is finally solved.
I installed Mint 13 KDE some days ago and everything works now.
I am very happy :D :D :D :D
The only limiting factor of the Linux operating system is its user - Linus Torvalds
User avatar
m4daredsun
Level 2
Level 2
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:31 pm

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.
 

Return to Hardware Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 16 guests