[Solved] LMDE Elantech Touchpad

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Gramps50

[Solved] LMDE Elantech Touchpad

Post by Gramps50 »

I just got a new ASUS N61JQ-B1 it has a elantech touchpad and when I installed LMDE the touchpad works except for scrolling. Also stays enabled when typing which is a pain. If I boot with LM10 Rc1 scolling works and there are touchpad options under mouse. With LMDE there isn't a touchpad option under mouse.

On the Debian wiki it talks about xorg.conf and putting some commands in it to control the mouse, LMDE doesn't have and xorg.conf and none of the other suggestions work.

I would rather use LMDE but I am lost with the scrolling and being able to disable the touchpad when typing so anyone got any ideas?

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Gramps50

Re: LMDE Touchpad Elantech

Post by Gramps50 »

After doing some more research and looking at launchpad for bugrepoerts it appears that the elantech touchpad is reconized as a IM2/Mouse and it has been patched in kernal version 2.6.34 & 2.6.35 & LMDE is using 2.6.32. LM10 RC1 has kernal 2.6.34 heance the reason that it works as it should.

Didn't try it with LM9 but I'm guessing it will not work correctly there either.

Edit:
On a N61JQ forum I found a link to a post on ubuntu with instructions on how to patch it so it works. I followed these and now it works and even had the touchpad tab in the mouse applet. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php? ... ost9175201

Return to “Hardware Support”