Lexmark X9575 driver

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
St1cki3

Lexmark X9575 driver

Post by St1cki3 »

Hey guys first post here and future Linux Mint user! First off, before I decide to install Mint (which seems like a nice OS) I have one question concerning the printer. It's of course a Lexmark X9575, and I searched for it on the 'Hardware Database' on this site, and it wasn't listed at all. Then I Googled it, no luck. Although I did see one for Ubuntu. Well, Mint is based off Ubuntu which is based of Debian...but I want to get a definite confirmation whether or not Mint will support my printer. And supposedly Lexmark doesn't support Linux, is this true? (From what I seen from very few places, I'm ~75% sure that my printer won't work) :?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
vincent

Re: Lexmark X9575 driver

Post by vincent »

The only way you'll get a definite confirmation is to boot up the live CD and try to actually print something. If it works, great; if it doesn't, we'll try to help you out.
St1cki3

Post by St1cki3 »

vincent wrote:The only way you'll get a definite confirmation is to boot up the live CD and try to actually print something. If it works, great; if it doesn't, we'll try to help you out.
Thanks for the response! Okay I popped it in and Mint detected that is was there, but couldn't find any drivers for it. Can we somehow use the windows drivers?
vincent

Post by vincent »

There's ndiswrapper, but that only works for wireless cards, not printers.

Have you tried this yet:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php? ... cb&t=49714

Return to “Hardware Support”