TV Card Divco Fusion

Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

TV Card Divco Fusion

Postby gmajane on Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:54 pm

I am not exactly a beginner, but I am far from an expert. I recently decided to try Mint after buying a USB hard drive for my laptop to put it on. Mint works, but I cannot get my TV card to work. It works in XP just fine. I have had another TV card working in Linux in the past, but cannot get this one working. I think I have screwed up my installation enough trying different things I found on the internet, that I may have to reinstall.

I used to use TV Time and also Xine, but I cannot get either to work.

How do I make a channe.conf.? I have one, but XIne thinks I don't. Maybe it is in the wrong place. XawTv and TV TIme do not even open.

Are there any good guides out there that I have missed when I Google?

Thanks.
Gmajane
gmajane
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby Husse on Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:59 am

Give us the model of the card
It may also have to do with the fact that Mint is on an external disk, but I really don't think so
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Postby gmajane on Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:40 pm

Thank you for replying, Husse. I have a DVICO Fusion USB Gold 5. I think if I knew exactly where to put the channels.conf, I can get it to work. I have one, but I keep getting the message that it is not there. I am in Windows right now so I can work and watch TV, but will try again soon. Also. all I need in the channels.conf for now is one channel, CATV 3, because I use the satellite tuner and remote to change channels. I cannot be sure the channels.conf file I have it right. I think it was generated by a scan command.

I really prefer to use Linux, but I watch TV on my computer and use headphones because my husband doesn't like TV. I used to have a WinTV card that worked under Ubuntu, but that was a couple of years ago before I bought this computer.

Thanks so much,

Gmajane
gmajane
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Husse on Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:05 am

Took a while to find out, but I think it should go in ~/.xine
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Return to Hardware Support