Nvidia Video Card Drivers?

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Charon

Nvidia Video Card Drivers?

Post by Charon »

About two weeks ago, I upgraded to Linux Mint 10 64 bit from Mint 9 32 bit. Everything installed fine, and upon rebooting, i got the normal popup saying proprietary drivers are available. I then proceeded to install the recommend Nvidia Driver. Upon reboot, I get a black screen. I then booted back in, in low graphics mode and disabled the drivers.

Has there been any solutions or work arounds for this?

Oh, I have a Nvidia Geforce 8400 GS.

Thanks for any help. :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rethymnon

Re: Nvidia Video Card Drivers?

Post by rethymnon »

I encountered the same problem with the latest Nvidia drivers for my GeForce 8400 GS card, with Linuxmint 10 as well as PCLinuxOS 2010.12.

No graphics after a reboot. :oops:

And, no solution or workaround so far. It's up to the Nvidia people to fix the problem... :!:

How can they deliver such broken drivers for "their" graphics anyway...???? :(

Let's hope they get their job done soon.
Charon

Re: Nvidia Video Card Drivers?

Post by Charon »

rethymnon wrote:I encountered the same problem with the latest Nvidia drivers for my GeForce 8400 GS card, with Linuxmint 10 as well as PCLinuxOS 2010.12.

No graphics after a reboot. :oops:

And, no solution or workaround so far. It's up to the Nvidia people to fix the problem... :!:

How can they deliver such broken drivers for "their" graphics anyway...???? :(

Let's hope they get their job done soon.

I dont really understand what the issue is. What has changed since Mint 9? The drivers work fine in it..

Return to “Hardware Support”