PAC7311 Webcam (Trust WB-3320X) support ???

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pintas

PAC7311 Webcam (Trust WB-3320X) support ???

Post by pintas »

Hello.
I have a Trust WB-3320X Webcam (PAC7311 in Linux) that actually works for 2 or 3 seconds after i reboot my computer, but then it stops working until i reboot my pc again.

Does anyone have any ideas in how to get this webcam to work?
I've seen the tutorials for webcam, tried them all, but it stays the same... Only works for 2 or 3 seconds, and then it stops.

I've tried it with emesene, skype, cheese, gstreamer-properties, etc... Emesene was actually where i got the best results.
My computer is running so so fine, i just need this to finish my setup.

Can you guys help?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Pranaone

Re: PAC7311 Webcam (Trust WB-3320X) support ???

Post by Pranaone »

Install video4linux control panel (v4l2ucp) from synaptic. Run v4l2ucp,Try out different configuration. goto preview, here you can chose your prefered application for it to work with the default will be mplayer, you can change/replace with it skype,cheese,whatever app you want. Start preview to check whether it works.
pintas

Post by pintas »

Yeah, already tried it. It still only works sometimes for 2 or 3 seconds... :(
Pranaone

Post by Pranaone »

i'm no expert,just trying to help.check this out and see whether it you can get something out of it.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupport ... WebCameras
pintas

Post by pintas »

I appreciate it. Thanks Pranaone.
That also doesn't solve it.
I'm losing hope.

It's the one thing that is keeping me from having my notebook all configured in Linux for the first time. sigh...
willie42
Level 7
Level 7

Post by willie42 »

Well if feasible you might want to think about a Logitech cam they are Linux compatable :D
Comptia A+ Certified Technician
Comptia Network + Certified Technician
You can not have Success without Failures.
pintas

Post by pintas »

I just bought this webcam before i installed Linux (again) on my machine. I just bought because it was cheap, now i regret not checking if it was linux compatible. :?

I've rarely used webcams in the past, but since i'm very very far away from my country, it's a great addition in communication with my friends and family.

I'll wait some time longer to see if i can get it to work, if not... Logitech is a pretty good option. I've always liked their products.
willie42
Level 7
Level 7

Post by willie42 »

Well I will look to see what I can come up with just use google and might want to visit Ubuntu and Debian forums for suggestions. might be able to make it work with wine or playonlinux. Just look we have a lot of Gurus that can help. just have a little patience :D
Comptia A+ Certified Technician
Comptia Network + Certified Technician
You can not have Success without Failures.
Pranaone

Post by Pranaone »

I never thought of trying it with wine. Thank you for the tip sir. I have an old cam lying around that didn't work, I should try it out.

Return to “Hardware Support”