USB WiFi Adapter that works with Mint 10?

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tecknomage

USB WiFi Adapter that works with Mint 10?

Post by tecknomage »

OK, found the Hardware Database and a list of USB WiFi Adapters.

Problem, the only one listed as "works perfectly" is USR5423 but it is no longer available :(

All 3rd-party sails sites say out-of-stock, etc. The USR site doesn't even list USB WiFi as a product (waiting eMail to sales about this).

So, does anyone have an a current USB WiFi Adapter that works with Mint 10, with NO PROBLEMS :?:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Aging Technogeek

Re: USB WiFi Adapter that works with Mint 10?

Post by Aging Technogeek »

I don't use it often, but my Netgear WG111v3 works perfectly whenever I need it. If you can't find one retail (they are rather old - 3-4 years), you should be able to find one on Ebay for a decent price.
beep_gr

Post by beep_gr »

Ok... Lets start from the beginning....

Give us:
lsusb
dmesg |tail
sudo iwconfig
Aging Technogeek

Post by Aging Technogeek »

Recheck the hardware database . Search for "WIFI card/adapter/dongle" instead of "USB wireless adapter". You will find a much wider selection.
tecknomage

Post by tecknomage »

BOY :oops: you're correct.

That gives me a list of what I need.

Already ordered the "IOGear Wireless-G High Speed USB" from Amazon $20+ on the recommendation of a Mint 10 user in alt.os.linux.mint that said it also works perfectly.

Will update Hardware Database when I get it.

Return to “Hardware Support”