[SOLVED]GeForce 8400 GS not supported on mint 10

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
irly

[SOLVED]GeForce 8400 GS not supported on mint 10

Post by irly »

Hi there, I just to ask why this is happening every time I change may desktop/monitor resolution. a pop window saying "It appears that your graphics driver does not support the necessary extensions to use this tool. Do you want to use your graphics driver vendor's tool instead?" . I already enable my nvidia graphics driver it already downloaded the software driver. I just don't understand why... Can anybody help on this.. Thanks in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
viking777

Re: GeForce 8400 GS not supported on mint 10

Post by viking777 »

That is what it should say if you are using the Nvidia driver. Your
graphics driver vendor's tool
is

Code: Select all

nvidia-settings
so that is how you need to change things. Run it with sudo to be able to write changes to disk.
irly

Post by irly »

It just open the x server setting for nvidia, nothing happens..can you give me a detailed information regarding this..thanks
viking777

Post by viking777 »

Nothing will happen unless you make it happen!

From the nvidia xserver settings screen select 'X server dispaly configuration' on the left hand pane.

You change the resolution where it says 'Resolution' in the right hand pane.

Test your changes and if you like them keep the change by clicking on 'Save to X configuration file'.
irly

Post by irly »

Thanks for this very useful tips, by the way when I adjust it, my monitor (17 inch BENQ G610HDA) says out of range.

Return to “Hardware Support”