HP dv6700 Laptop Keyboard works only intermittently

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
brightbelt
Level 1
Level 1

HP dv6700 Laptop Keyboard works only intermittently

Post by brightbelt »

Hi -
I installed Mint 2010 on an HP Pavillion dv6700 Laptop. (I'm using an external keyboard now via USB) . The laptop keyboard only works intermittently and not only that, when it finally starts to work, it seems fairly arbitrary - there's no way to "see" any logic or reason to its working all of the sudden.
The touchpad also fails to work and many think there is a connection between the keyboard failing and the touchpad failing. Here's what I've done so far to troubleshoot:
1) I replaced the actual laptop keyboard and installed a new one !!
2) re-installed windows Vista - the factory default program
3) removed the touchpad reference in the Configuration Editor
4) installed Gsynaptics in the Synaptic Package Manager
5) Uninstalled and Reinstalled Gsynaptic Software
6) Logging off and logging back in
7) Rebooting
8) Trying to turn the touchpad off via its manual button

I really appreciate any help on this issue - I've googled, searched and prodded everywhere for answers on this. I'm not even sure there are any real answers to this one. I appreciate any ideas. Many Thanks,
Frank B.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gklanfar

Re: HP dv6700 Laptop Keyboard works only intermittently

Post by gklanfar »

Hi bro!
I don't know if this would work, but try <control panel><hardware><keyboard><layouts>, on that tab You have keyboard model, try with generic 105key intl, maybe it work.
Greetings gklanfar 8)

Return to “Hardware Support”