Asus eee 1215t, impressed!

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ShyGuy
Level 3
Level 3

Asus eee 1215t, impressed!

Post by ShyGuy »

I recently purchased an Asus eee 1215t netbook and Installed Mint 10. So far I have been very impressed with the compatibility. Installed it off an external DVD drive and most everything worked.

I downloaded the wireless drivers and the ATI video drivers that Mint found and I was set. Bluetooth, Sound, power saving, 3D acceleration all work. I haven't tried the webcam yet, but that is low priority.

Only glitch I have ran into so far is HDMI ouput. Video works automatically, even in the right resolution, but audio doesn't output to TV. The volume control shows the HDMI output but it doesn't play on the TV just the laptop speakers.

Anyone know of a HDMI audio fix?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ShyGuy
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Asus eee 1215t, impressed!

Post by ShyGuy »

I figured out the HDMI audio problem, I just had to find the right section in the volume controls.
kidnovice

Post by kidnovice »

Its A wonderful netbook no doubt...i own one & have mint 10 installed...the only problem being bluetooth and wireless buttons at the top-left above the KBD which dont function...so i have to open bluetooth and wireless from bios every time i have to use them !!
any solutions ??
nunol
Level 9
Level 9

Post by nunol »

Don't know but have you tried to run Mint 11 RC and see if that is fixed?

Return to “Hardware Support”