Cursor Behaves Erratically, Normally After Reboot

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
darmok

Cursor Behaves Erratically, Normally After Reboot

Post by darmok »

Since installing Linux Mint 9 on my Acer AspireOne, I've had an intermittent problem with the cursor. The system boots fine, the login screen loads, but when I try to use the trackpad, the cursor jumps wildly about the screen, and is completely uncontrollable. Curiously, after rebooting, the problem disappears. This happens maybe every fifth boot, and while it's a bit of an inconvenience, I'm curious to know what could be causing it and how to resolve it. All other functions work perfectly, and I'm only running Gnome.

The specs on the system:

Acer AspireOne 532h-2789
GRUB 1.98, dual-booting Linux Mint 9 32-bit (2.6.32-21-generic) and Windows 7 (latest update)
1.66GHz Atom N450 CPU w/512KB cache
1GB RAM

I'd appreciate it if someone would direct me to a better forum for this post, should Hardware Support not be appropriate. Thanks for your help!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mads

Re: Cursor Behaves Erratically, Normally After Reboot

Post by mads »

I found this here. Hope it helps.
In the TouchPad settings, under the Tapping tab, change the tapping speed to the fastest setting
and under the Multitouch Gestures, change the Finger Size to maximum.

Return to “Hardware Support”