Lots of problems

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ANerdyDude

Lots of problems

Post by ANerdyDude »

So quick rundown of my problems:
1. Super long boot,
2. during boot i get "shpchp cannot reserve mmio region" errors,
3. Still no USB (Even though when i plug in a USB the power light turns on and it works in win7) lsusb returns nothing
4. I got the ATI driver which caused #2 and also makes a screen that looks like one of those crash screens right before it goes to the login page. Also sometimes when it goes to the login screen all i get is the login screen background and the sound playing over and over. Thanks for helping me.

This is my 7th fresh install and my 2nd DVD.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Lots of problems

Post by tdockery97 »

The "cannot reserve mmio region" error is "normal". I don't know of anyone who doesn't have that during boot. It is even there on my openSUSE 11.4. As far as ATI drivers, the are hit and miss in Linux (usually miss). I have ATI Radeon HD4200, and it will be the last one of those for me. My next laptop will have NVIDIA. Unfortunately, I don't know about your USB problem. Mine works under all distros.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
OldManHook

Re: Lots of problems

Post by OldManHook »

ANerdyDude wrote:So quick rundown of my problems:
1. Super long boot,
2. during boot i get "shpchp cannot reserve mmio region" errors,
3. Still no USB (Even though when i plug in a USB the power light turns on and it works in win7) lsusb returns nothing
4. I got the ATI driver which caused #2 and also makes a screen that looks like one of those crash screens right before it goes to the login page. Also sometimes when it goes to the login screen all i get is the login screen background and the sound playing over and over. Thanks for helping me.

This is my 7th fresh install and my 2nd DVD.
1.Might be your Hardware :?:
2.See tdockery97 post
3. :?: :?: :?:
4.If you know what caused a problem undo it and start Over :idea: -AMD's Linux drivers is as good as NVIDIA's Now :?
Dude,Did you read :?: Before you post-MORE Info, Hardware/which Mint-The more INFO the Better The help :)

Return to “Hardware Support”