audio hp mini 1000 gone

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
j0eh4x

audio hp mini 1000 gone

Post by j0eh4x »

so heres my problem, after installing linuxmint lxde on my netbook the microphone wasnt working
i followed the guide here
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-P ... 637/page/3
and now nothing audio related is working, when i open alsa mixer it is completly blank, i dont even have the little speaker icon in the corner anymore. I would like to get all audio working with the microphone but priority right now would be getting back to were i started
upon doing that modprobe command thingy the device does show up... also upon following that guide it made a folder in my home directory called soundtmp... and it wont let me delete it, how can i delete it? any help is greatly appreciated I really dont want to do a full reinstall
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
j0eh4x

Re: audio hp mini 1000 gone

Post by j0eh4x »

UPDATE: ok so i ended up caving and reinstalling linux mint lxde from scratch and i havre sound back. and alsa mixer is working, still no mic though. it shows as if i have to capture devices ive tried in skype and audacity but i cant get any sound, any ideas? ive considered trying to recompile the alsa drivers again but dont want to for fear of loosing all sound again
j0eh4x

Re: audio hp mini 1000 gone

Post by j0eh4x »

well ive been a linuxmint user for about 6 months and have about 3 installs amongst different computers in my household but. it became official today.... im going back to ubuntu... installed it and it worked perfect mic and all, didnt have to add wireless drivers either ... did it all for me. not to mention i got about 10 replies on the ubuntu forum before i got one one on here

Return to “Hardware Support”