Why cant my disk and usb sticks not automatic mount.

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Madjamfree

Why cant my disk and usb sticks not automatic mount.

Post by Madjamfree »

Hi all
When I place a dvd/cd or USB stick into the computer, it will not mount automatic!, Why?
I'm new to linux mint and seem to be going around the settings and not finding the right button to click to fix this thing.
Help please. :|
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
wangsuda

Re: Why cant my disk and usb sticks not automatic mount.

Post by wangsuda »

Help is here. Click on your menu, and go to Settings>Removable Drives and Media. It should automatically open to the "Storage" tab. Click on the first two options. Click on the third one if you want the folder to open automatically.
thevaliantx

Post by thevaliantx »

I am having a similar problem. Mint 11 *sees* my Geek Squad 8gb usb stick, but I can not access it. Where is the settings option? I am running the Live version of Mint 11 and need to resolve this issue before deciding to actually install the OS. Thanks!
nlsthzn

Post by nlsthzn »

thevaliantx wrote:I am having a similar problem. Mint 11 *sees* my Geek Squad 8gb usb stick, but I can not access it. Where is the settings option? I am running the Live version of Mint 11 and need to resolve this issue before deciding to actually install the OS. Thanks!

Menu -> Control Center -> Disk Utility

Neil
wangsuda

Post by wangsuda »

thevaliantx wrote:I am having a similar problem. Mint 11 *sees* my Geek Squad 8gb usb stick, but I can not access it. Where is the settings option? I am running the Live version of Mint 11 and need to resolve this issue before deciding to actually install the OS. Thanks!
You need to tell your live version to allow you to access your stick. To do that, open the terminal and enter the following command:

Code: Select all

sudo chown -R COMPUTER NAME:COMPUTER NAME /media/MOUNT POINT HERE
In other words, my computer's name is "Douglas," and the mount point for my stick is SILDBI204579024NHFN. So my command would be

Code: Select all

sudo chown -R douglas:douglas /media/SILDBI204579024NHFN

Return to “Hardware Support”