Touchpad cursor going wild

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
funky_uncle

Touchpad cursor going wild

Post by funky_uncle »

On a HP G72 laptop. In both Mint 10 and 11rc, if I touch the pad with more than one finger the cursor goes all over the place. It doesn't happen in Windows 7 or OpenSUSE. Also unlike those OSs I can't double tap in one corner to disable the pad completely.

If I remember correctly this wasn't a problem in the latest Ubuntu, which Mint 11 is built on. It happens in both Gnome and KDE.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Markus

Re: Touchpad cursor going wild

Post by Markus »

I'm having the exact same problem on the same brand of computer. I have no idea why the touchpad goes wild, but it's the only reason for me not using Linux Mint all the time.
funky_uncle

Re: Touchpad cursor going wild

Post by funky_uncle »

The problem has disappeared somewhere along the updates from the RC to the full version. There are predictably a few other annoyances though, as usual with linux on a laptop: I can't double tap in the upper left corner of the pad to disable it, and it doesn't get disabled when I plug in a mouse, though the Pointing Devices program I installed from Synaptic seemingly let me choose that.

Return to “Hardware Support”