Managing advanced power saving settings

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
danakim

Managing advanced power saving settings

Post by danakim »

Hi all,

I have recently switched to Linux Mint 10 on my Acer 3810T laptop and I am loving every minute of it. Thank you for a job well done!

I wanted to customize a bit more what happens to my power settings when the laptop switched from battery to AC and vice-versa. For example the file /proc/sys/vm/dirty_writeback_centisecs:

When the laptop is running on AC Linux Mint automatically sets that file to have 500 centisecs in it and on battery it switches to 60000. I would like to customize these for my own usage (I would like it to have 1500 on battery mode) and also add some more settings when switching between states - like tunings some hdparm and iwconfig settings. I have tried setting some udev rules for detecting battery state - which worked - but were overwritten by the OS.

Could you please tell me where these settings (or power state rules) are kept and how to modify/add to them?

Thank you!
Dan
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
danakim

Re: Managing advanced power saving settings

Post by danakim »

Shameless bump! :)

Return to “Hardware Support”