DWA-140 wireless USB

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ckosloff

DWA-140 wireless USB

Post by ckosloff »

D-link support is a joke, that is why I am posting here.
http://www.dlink.com/products/?tab=3&pi ... A-140_revB
Drivers for Linux can be downloaded here, I suppose that the card is rev. B, that is the most probable thing, D-link support cannot confirm or deny, so driver should be 2.1.3.0, at least that is what D-link support says, they look at the website just as I do, and parrot what they see.
I have been to Ubuntu forums, their solutions are outdated, ndiswrapper crashes the system, according to their findings.
Instructions for Linux are misleading since they refer to an older driver, and to a different device DWA-125, go figure.
Asking D-link support is a complete waste of time.
I am planning to install a dual boot system, with Vista-64 and Katya, the problem is the card works on Vista, but not on Linux, so I cannot do the dual boot, because that comp needs to use wireless, for space reasons.
I have tested driver on LMDE 32-bit and it does not work, wireless not recognized after reboot, neither Network Manager nor WICD see any wireless connection.
Thanks in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dlfg68

Re: DWA-140 wireless USB

Post by dlfg68 »

take a look at this thread - http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=67500

I believe the following reply will work for you -
Re: DWA-140 Wireless Card (ralink chipset)
Postby TBABill on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:32 pm

D Freemyer
ckosloff

Re: DWA-140 wireless USB

Post by ckosloff »

Thanks for answer, but it did not work for me.
Started comp with Mint-Julia 64-bit and card not recognized, no network connections.
Any other suggestions?

Return to “Hardware Support”