Wireless Daryna KDE Community Edition BETA 011

Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Wireless Daryna KDE Community Edition BETA 011

Postby marguz on Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:53 pm

Hey all,

I just installed the beta KDE edition beta 11 of Daryna and I would like to know it this distro has the restricted drivers app that Ubuntu and the official Mint Linux have? I would like to get my wireless going and it was sooooo easy with the restricted drivers thingy. I know I can get it going with ndiswrapper as I have a infamous Broadcom chipset, and it works great on Gnome Linux Mint and Ubuntu, just that I wanted the "easy" way out ;-)

TIA..

LOVE THIS DISTRO.
Last edited by marguz on Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marguz
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Wireless Daryna KDE Community Edition BETA 011

Postby marguz on Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:58 pm

Sometimes the best thing is to learn on your own. While I used windows wireless drivers in Linux before, this time I just just at a loss. Spending my "free time" at work debugging this I finally got it going. Well, the true test will be when there is a access point to connect to but at least I get "my little blue light" :-)

What I failed to do was blacklist the bcm43xx module from loading. Everything else I did was spot on and once I entered that into "/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist" then did a reboot my little blue light is on, Yeah me! So once I get back to my hotel "yep on the road Linux style ;-)" I'll post back here while in my nice new Linux Mint KDE beta 4.0

I followed this link to get wireless working (this is where I see that he blacklisted the module)
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions ... er-463002/

I may just leave Ubuntu and park my rear-end right here.
marguz
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Wireless Daryna KDE Community Edition BETA 011

Postby marguz on Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:50 pm

Yep.... it works......

This is the first time I've used KDE and I kind of feel that KDE lags in easy wireless. I mean, how many tools are needed to setup a access point.

Well, I must now get to work and try to understand all these tools :-)

Later
marguz
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Hardware Support