Logitech Mouse Wheel Tilt doesnt work

Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Logitech Mouse Wheel Tilt doesnt work

Postby spherical on Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:14 am

Hello
I am newbe Linux user and I have problem with my mouse: Logitech M500 Corded device which has great drivers for Windows but they do not support Linux. Original drivers has great feature to define different shortcuts for each application separately e.g. For Firefox I usually asign Shift+Tab and Ctrl+Shift+Tab for Wheel Tilt button Left and Right. I miss that functionality so much and there is no support for Wheel Tilt at all.
I tried hidpoint1 but no success.
How can I fix it?
spherical
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Logitech Mouse Wheel Tilt doesnt work

Postby Lendo on Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:43 pm

Disappointing as it may be, Logitech does not have Linux driver support. Many functions of Logitech products that can me modified in Windows are not available in Linux. Also, I don't believe they will be in the future either. :(
Life is too short to waste it on Microsoft.
Lendo
Level 2
Level 2

Postby spherical on Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:21 am

Lendo wrote:Disappointing as it may be, Logitech does not have Linux driver support. Many functions of Logitech products that can me modified in Windows are not available in Linux. Also, I don't believe they will be in the future either. :(

They have some products with Linux support e.g. Logitech Wireless Mouse M345. Only information about Linux support is: Linux® kernel 2.6+ http://www.logitech.com/en-roeu/mice-pointers/mice/9182
I plan to buy it next week so, if anyone have real experience with that mouse and linux please give some feedback.
spherical
Level 1
Level 1

Postby geoffm on Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:32 pm

Did you ever find a way to map them?
I just bought that mouse. Really great product, appart from the fact that I can't assign shortcuts to the tilts.
I usually use easystroke but it doesn't recognize the clicks as they are considered horizontal scrolling.
Custom build w/ Gigabyte Z87MX-D3h | Intel Core i5 4670 | 8GB DD3 | 250GB SSD
geoffm
Level 3
Level 3

Postby saltcedar on Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:39 pm

Since I didn't see this suggestion I'll mentioned BTNX, works great on a related distro
with a Logitech tilt-wheel mouse.
saltcedar
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Hardware Support