keyboard layout doesn't switch

Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

keyboard layout doesn't switch

Postby paracels on Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:34 am

hi all,
after recent sys update system didn't see video driver, and by Husse's advise i did sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg

now video is up but in effect i lost russian layout :? i cant switch in russian on keyboard as usual : Alt+Shift
and no other hot key is working. by clicking on language ikon in tray i get option keyboard layout gray - not available.

i have shorten sven 4000 keyboard, it was detected perfect at installing, and now...i tried to choose different types of keyboards in preferences, it doesn't work. is there any idea what to do?
paracels
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: keyboard layout doesn't switch

Postby paracels on Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:12 pm

laptop layout works finally

solved
paracels
Level 1
Level 1

Postby motoperpetuo on Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:14 am

any details on how you resolved this problem? i'm getting the same thing after upgrading from daryna to elyssa. i enable the russian keyboard layout in preferences|keyboard, click on "layout options" and choose any kind of "layout switching" but none of them work. very frustrating.
Singing is a trick to make people listen to music for longer than they normally would.
motoperpetuo
Level 1
Level 1

Postby motoperpetuo on Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:21 am

i just figured out a good workaround. i set the "Both Shift keys together change layout" option under "layout switching." I was using the "Both alt keys" option in Daryna, but both shift keys is an acceptable workaround. I suppose that if you have this problem, try different options until you find something that works with your keyboard.
Singing is a trick to make people listen to music for longer than they normally would.
motoperpetuo
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Hardware Support