Error partitioning disk

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
auliano18

Error partitioning disk

Post by auliano18 »

Hi I get this message when trying to create a partition on my flash drive as NTFS or FAT. I"m trying to get this device to show up on Windows OS.

Error setting partition type after formatting: Error setting partition flags on /dev/sdb1: Error spawning command-line `sgdisk --typecode 1:"ebd0a0a2-b9e5-4433-87c0-68b6b72699c7" "/dev/sdb"': Failed to execute child process "sgdisk" (No such file or directory) (g-exec-error-quark, 8) (udisks-error-quark, 0)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Error partitioning disk

Post by Pierre »

are you using DD or Gparted to try that formatting?
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
srs5694
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Error partitioning disk

Post by srs5694 »

The error message itself is caused by a lack of the "gdisk" package. You can install it thus:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install gdisk
The bigger issue, though, is that whatever tool you're using has a dependency on the sgdisk program in the gdisk package and this appears to have not been properly recorded. You should file a bug report against whatever tool you're using so that this problem can be fixed.

Return to “Storage”