Nemo not seeing SD card

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
boxersoft
Level 2
Level 2

Nemo not seeing SD card

Post by boxersoft »

I have just installed Rebecca. Seems really nice so far - good job, folks. One thing that I haven't yet got working properly is my laptop's built-in multi-reader device.

lsusb reports the device as Alcor Micro Corp. Multi Flash Reader. If I issue the command tail -F /var/log/syslog I can see that the insertion of cards is recognised, but Nemo doesn't respond, whereas under Quiana it used to automatically mount the volume. It's possible that I tweaked something in Quiana to get it working but I don't remember doing so and can't find any mention of it in my notes. I have checked the Preferences (Media Handling set to automatically mount/open folder/prompt or autorun).

This is Cinnamon Edition, 64-bit. Hardware is a Lenovo Z710.

Any suggestions?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
boxersoft
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Nemo not seeing SD card

Post by boxersoft »

Oh, forgot to mention that Nemo does automount DVDs and USB flash drives, although I've just noticed that one of my flash drives doesn't automount. The flash drive that's not mounted is a 16GB unit, formatted as fat32 and with 9.08GiB used. No idea whether that's useful information.
boxersoft
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Nemo not seeing SD card [SOLVED]

Post by boxersoft »

Answering my own question, I found the Disks utility and, having fiddled with its Mount Options, SD card insertion/removal is reported in Nemo as expected. Interestingly it seems now to be doing so whatever I do with the Mount Options in the Disks application so I don't know quite what was happening. Perhaps something got initialised that was previously undefined. Anyway, I thought I'd post an update here in case anyone else has similar oddities.

Return to “Storage”