[solved] ZTE Open C smartphone cannot be mounted

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
atarax

[solved] ZTE Open C smartphone cannot be mounted

Post by atarax »

Until recently I have been able to connect my ZTE Open C smartphone (with Firefox OS) without any problems to my desktop PC with LMDE. Two devices were mounted, the first was the internal memory, the second was an external SD memory card. To these devices I had read and write access. So I could up- and download photos, audio etc. to and from the phone.

Now I have upgraded my PC to LMDE 2 MATE 32 bit and since then the smartphone cannot be mounted any more, but I am not totally sure if the issue is directly related to the uprade. In the filemanager the mentioned devices of the phone are shown as 'Linux File-CD Gadget' but I cannot open them, not even as root. The homescreen of the smartphone is always unlocked.

lsusb results in:

Code: Select all

Bus 003 Device 003: ID 19d2:1350 ZTE WCDMA Technologies MSM
So at least the phone is recognized in some way.
Does anyone have an idea on this? Thank you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
atarax

Re: ZTE Open C smartphone cannot be mounted

Post by atarax »

The solution:

Via Settings > Memory > Media storage go to the option 'Enable USB access' for the internal memory and an SD card (if applicable) and disable it and enable it again. Obviously Firefox OS (1.3) forgot this setting and has to be reminded again this way.

Return to “Storage”