Sansa Fuze trouble with Mint 8

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
klabs

Sansa Fuze trouble with Mint 8

Post by klabs »

I bought a Sansa Fuze last year to replace my iPod because of I was able to load music up using drag-n-drop and for the flac and ogg support. My Sansa Fuze worked flawlessly with Mint 7. I would just plug it in and the mounted volume would show on my desktop. I could drag-n-drop music into the music folder and off I went. I also had the option to use Rhythmbox or Banshee to put music onto the Fuze with no issues at all.

NOW, with Mint 8, I can not......
I plug in the Fuze, nothing shows up on my desktop, nor in Nautilus. Yes, I have my desktop to show mounted drives, and both of my thumb drives and my external hard drive all mount no problems.

When I plug in the Fuze, I can see it in Rhthmbox, but Rhythmbox hangs (screen darkens) for a couple MINUTES before showing me the mounted Fuze. Then I can drag music into the Fuze. I am NOT able to see any music that is already on the Fuze from within Rhythmbox. After moving music onto the drive using Rhythmbox, I can navigate to the music on the Fuze and select it to play, but it doesn't play.....all I can see is the album art/artist/title information and the time does not increment. Songs that were already on the Fuze still play fine.

It almost sounds like a permissions issue to me.

I have searched Google and found that it MIGHT seem like this is an upstream issue because I read of some Ubuntu 9.10 issues that sound similar to what I'm experiencing. If anyone has some insight into the issue I would be grateful.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Sansa Fuze trouble with Mint 8

Post by Husse »

I have added this to my list - I hope you see my dilemma, how can I or the other members of the forum of course, know something about every possible piece of hardware
I have used some ancient Sansa Clip in Gloria without problems, but that's all....
However an upstream bug in Karmic is unfortunately quite probable - I noticed some strange behavior (I forgot what) in this field
I don't run Helena yet - my Gloria still works glorious :)
Husse

Post by Husse »

Here is a bug report with a workaround I don't know if it will help you but I think the chance is good
Temporary Saint
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Temporary Saint »

The workaround suggested by Husse worked for my Sansa Clip. Thank you!

Steve
Endeavor to be unique; everyone else does.

Return to “Storage”