[SOLVED] Weird little problem mounting my second drive

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Matt S.

[SOLVED] Weird little problem mounting my second drive

Post by Matt S. »

So here's a screen shot to explain what I mean. The last line in my fstab is the line I made to mount my second hard drive (everything works just fine) and the drive mounts in the correct location.

The problem is the black arrow pointing to the redundant entry for the same drive. The red arrow points to the same drive as the black arrow is pointing to....obviously clicking on it gives an error, because the drive is already mounted. Everything works just fine, and I don't have any other issues....really I'm just wondering why there is a redundant entry in nautilus? is it an option in my fstab? Could this be a problem in the future? Did I go about this the wrong way....and that's why things aren't looking right in nautilus?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Matt S.

Re: Weird little problem mounting my second drive

Post by Matt S. »

Also, in my mtab there is currently this:

Code: Select all

/dev/sda1 /media/53C9B64178F765A7 fuseblk rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,allow_other,blksize=4096 0 0
Whether this means anything I'm not sure....
Matt S.

Re: Weird little problem mounting my second drive

Post by Matt S. »

Ok, so I solved the problem by finding this bug report https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... bug/442130

Instead of fstab line saying:
UUID=53C9B64178F765A7 /media/53C9B64178F765A7 ntfs-3g user,defaults 0 0

You should change it to say:
/dev/disk/by-uuid/53C9B64178F765A7 /media/53C9B64178F765A7 ntfs-3g user,defaults 0 0

Seems to be a bug either with the ntfs-3g driver (since using ntfs driver will fix it) or a bug with fstab (since making above changes will fix it while using ntfs-3g driver)

Either way...I'll mark this as solved, and maybe it will help the next person :)

Return to “Storage”