Problem with WD 1tb hard disks ????

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
piku2008

Problem with WD 1tb hard disks ????

Post by piku2008 »

Hello,

I have installed linux mint 10 and its running sucessfully & also updated to latest version but as i installed two WD 1 tb hard disks its started creating problem like when i started the OS after attaching the HD's (NTFS formated )i can only see one HD at a time ....

I checked for all the connections with HD but still can't find any solution so if some one can tell is there any solution so that i can detect both HD at a time easily ...........

please let me know soon ..........

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Koninator

Re: Problem with WD 1tb hard disks ????

Post by Koninator »

Try to give names(Label) to partitions of each drive, with Gparted.

Mint menu -> GParted
In GParted window it in top right corner hard drive selector. Select first 1TB drive.
Click on partition with Right click, menu pops up select Label.
Write unique name and OK. Press Green check to apply changes.
piku2008

Post by piku2008 »

I have tried that koninmator but still it doesn't work ...............

is there any other solution .................
Koninator

Post by Koninator »

Can yo show me content of /media/ folder, /dev/disk/by-id folder /dev/disk/by-uuid ?

And can Disk Utility see yours hard drive? can you click on partition?
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

piku2008 wrote:...I have installed linux mint 10 and its running sucessfully & also updated to latest version but as i installed two WD 1 tb hard disks its started creating problem like when i started the OS after attaching the HD's (NTFS formated )i can only see one HD at a time ....
Internal or USB connected hard drives
--USB if that is the attached connection method could be more of a problem (USB status?)
piku2008

Post by piku2008 »

Koninator wrote:Can yo show me content of /media/ folder, /dev/disk/by-id folder /dev/disk/by-uuid ?

And can Disk Utility see yours hard drive? can you click on partition?
Here are the screenshots .........

Media Folder -

by-id -

by-uuid -

Yes i have Installed Gparted and i can see the second 1tb HD attached but some how Linux Mint is not able to mount it so is there any other way to do that ????

and yes i have two internal 1tb HD and one external WD 1TB HD .... and this same problem occurs there tooo as when i attached my external 1tb HD it doesn't try to even detect it ...... can you please help me with this problem ???
Let me know soon ...

Thanks for help and time ............ :D :D
piku2008

Post by piku2008 »

Now here you can see all the drivers .........

Code: Select all

/dev/sda1: UUID="b44bc311-f9f6-4b27-ade3-842747eece70" TYPE="ext4" 
/dev/sda5: UUID="af05fb1f-fdd9-4d3e-9dcc-7751a9e0d99c" TYPE="swap" 
/dev/sdb1: LABEL="Fluids Disk - 2" UUID="124C1BC64C1BA38F" TYPE="ntfs" 
/dev/sdc1: LABEL="Storage GOD" UUID="2808674008670BDE" TYPE="ntfs" 
now the HD named Storage GOD isn't mounting so what is the procedure for doing this ????

please help me guys .....
tinca
Level 5
Level 5

Post by tinca »

piku2008 ,

I to have two external Western Digital USB drives attached to the computer. I am running Mint 9 LTS 64 bit.

To save myself any problems I made sure that both external drives were attached and turned on, BEFORE I installed Mint 9. I do not have any trouble with.

Best regards Keith
Koninator

Post by Koninator »

Run program "Disk Utility" not GParted. And there you will have
"Local Storage - Host Adapters - drivers" in Tree view - like MS explorer.
Click on your drive and click button Mount and tel me what error you get.
And tell me SMART Status. (green, yellow, red dot)

edit: I have connected my external 1TB WD drive. I just plug it in and it's showed up in Disk Utility under "Peripheral Devices".
Clicked on it and mounted it without problem. (although it didn't showed on desktop but it works if i go to /media/...)
piku2008

Post by piku2008 »

Koninator wrote:Run program "Disk Utility" not GParted. And there you will have
"Local Storage - Host Adapters - drivers" in Tree view - like MS explorer.
Click on your drive and click button Mount and tel me what error you get.
And tell me SMART Status. (green, yellow, red dot)

edit: I have connected my external 1TB WD drive. I just plug it in and it's showed up in Disk Utility under "Peripheral Devices".
Clicked on it and mounted it without problem. (although it didn't showed on desktop but it works if i go to /media/...)

Thanks for all your help now all is working fine now & even 1tb HD external is also working fine but still there is a problem that it will not detect a kingston pendrive formated ntfs ???? so is there any way to ascess it ..........

let me know soon .....

Return to “Storage”