Ignore - Swapped HD - now fstab/mounting problems

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Fred

Re: Swapped HD - now fstab/mounting problems

Post by Fred »

I, like chi, would have been interested in seeing that fstab.

:-)

Fred
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Fred

Post by Fred »

blues-guy,

Congratulations on making it through UUID hell! lol Usually when I have these kinds of problems I just bite the bullet and do what you did. Just go through and record the current correct UUID for each drive partition in the system and then correct every /etc/fstab file that uses UUID. This almost always makes the problems go away, unless I made a transcription mistake.

As far as the artifacting problem, I am confident it is a driver and graphics card problem. Aren't proprietary drivers great?! I know, I am being a smart ass here but it is aggravating to have those kinds of problems and not be able to do much about them except cry to the vendor.

Enjoy, :-)

Fred
Fred

Post by Fred »

blues-guy,

Just a thought. You don't by chance still have that version of fedora on your computer do you? If you do, you could look and see what driver it loads that let your monitor work correctly. I think you said that the monitor came the closest to working right with fedora. If you can find out what driver it is using you could probably use it in Mint 4 and solve your problem.

Just a thought.

Good luck,

Fred
Fred

Post by Fred »

I would really be afraid to try to tell you how to find it in Fedora 8. Not having had much experience with Red Hat in quite a while I am sure I would just confuse you and myself too. If I were doing it now I would just have to poke around. The x config file would be a good place to start. I am sure that someone else with recent experience with Fedora 8 could help you much better than I could.

I am sure someone else will jump in and help you.

Good luck,

Fred

Return to “Storage”