Mint wont read XD card

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
T J Tulley
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Mint wont read XD card

Post by T J Tulley »

I don't know whether this will help here, but I found (after some difficulty mounting a Fujifilm DCR2-161 card reader) that an xD card is filetype MSDOS. My long story is in the Hardware Support forum, Topic:
Card reader won't mount in Elyssa [edited 4.55 pm] Solved!!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Yours hopefully -

Theo Tulley.
Using a PC with 2GB RAM, 3 hdds and a 1.7 GHz Celeron cpu.
T J Tulley
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Mint wont read XD card

Post by T J Tulley »

I contributed to this topic and after a struggle it was solved. That was using Elyssa about a year ago - since then Gloria has been installed and I hadn't used the cardreader since then until now.

I've just connected it to a USB drive and it is working fine.

I opened Computer and with a card inserted it shows there as 2.1 GB Media - I double-clicked on it and it then mounted and shows on the desktop. Double-click there shows first the folder of images on the card, named DCIM. Then that opens to show the folder 100_Fuji since it's a Fuji camera. Finally that opens to show the individual image files. They open with Eye of Gnome Image Viewer, which is part of Gloria.

Hope this helps. My cardreader is Fujifilm DCR2-161
Yours hopefully -

Theo Tulley.
Using a PC with 2GB RAM, 3 hdds and a 1.7 GHz Celeron cpu.

Return to “Storage”