I am trying to gain some help with DGT router configuration. After a few days of searching whole the internet I have no info what is really happening.
1) standard network 192.168.1.1/24 WITHOUT enabling wireless, cord only
2) router DGT with USB Printer Server - 192.168.1.1, printer share: hapek
3) router works properly - Windows XP path: http://192.168.1.1:631/printers/hapek, in Windows everything works perfectly
4) model of printer: HP LaserJet 1010
Now in LinuxMint (Cinnamon):
1) every patch installed
2) user added to groups lp; lpadmin
3) network connection works OK
I've tried everything, printing via LPD, IPP and every option and; generally I have two messages:
1) "Printer not connected" or similar when I am trying to experiment with ports in wrong way
2) "Unable to write print data: Broken pipe"
I've tried to use Gnome interface or set up directly via CUPS server (localhost:631) and no option works. I've tried to use two independent drivers for HP 1010 and it seems to be irrelevant which driver I am using.
Have you any idea what is wrong? How to set up printer in that configuration? Note, that due to DGT manual socket 9100 is disabled, users should use 631 only. (however I tried to use it without any success)
In DGT manual printer configuration takes two lines of text, I wrote to them and no one responded. In many pages there are manuals how to configure printer but nothing works, I've tried several times and now I gave up...