this is my first post on this forum and I'm asking help for an annoying question.
I brought my parents from using "Windows XP" to "Linux Mint 15 Olivia" on a personal computer assembled not a laptop and now I'm trying to setting all the hardware in the correct way.
I'm trying to install a printer, as I wrote in the subjet, a Canon MP230. I found the drivers in the canon web site, but when the printer is set as "working correctly", it doesn't print nothing.
I followed those steps:
1) I used the "alien" command on the driver package and I obtained the .deb.
2) I click on the .deb file with the right mouse and I used the manager to install the new package.
3) I went to the system settings and I choiced the printer settings.
4) I clicked on the "add" button and found the "MP230 printer" but I didn't find in the driver list the MP230 and the ppd files.
5) I tried first the MP220 and then the MP240 drivers, but they don't work.
6) Searched a lot on google, but I didn't find nothing....
7) I arrived here
So, could someone help me?