[R.]Turboprint - Canon ip 4600 "Premature end of print data"

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
raccoss
Level 1
Level 1

[R.]Turboprint - Canon ip 4600 "Premature end of print data"

Post by raccoss »

Hi all,

I have a big and annoying problem.

The fact is that, without any (intentional) upgrading/modification to printer drivers or Turboprint packages, my printer stopped working.

Last time (3 weeks ago) the printer worked perfectly, from yesterday it stopped worked or... better, this is the situation:

- With Windows: OK :evil:
- With Linux (Mint 12):
* Test page: OK
* Direct print from Opera: OK
* Libreoffice and Inkscape: dead.

In the latest case once turboprint showed the message ("Premature end of print data") once or twice but I can't reproduce it all the times. Other times the message is simply "Printer idle".
What it happens is simply that, when I send a doc to the printer, after few secs a message pops up saying "printing done", while instead nothing happened.
I think it's not a turboprint fault since it happens also sending the doc to the printer via the default drivers.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DrHu

Re: Turboprint - Canon ip 4600 "Premature end of print data"

Post by DrHu »

raccoss wrote:* Libreoffice and Inkscape: dead.
...Inkscape: dead...
I missed the other application that also doesn't print, I would therefor reinstall that print driver via turboprint
--or use any utility it uses to check printer status/settings.. --and use that just to make sure..

It's not turboprint error since it prints from various applications, including a web browser, at some point probably LibreOffice was updated and no longer relates to the previous installed printer
  • Two choices, I think
  • Reinstall LibreOffice to detect the settings for that printer
  • Try reselecting the printer within LibreOffice..
  • Reinstall that printer via turboprint
raccoss
Level 1
Level 1

Post by raccoss »

DrHu wrote:
raccoss wrote:* Libreoffice and Inkscape: dead.
...Inkscape: dead...
I missed the other application that also doesn't print, I would therefor reinstall that print driver via turboprint
--or use any utility it uses to check printer status/settings.. --and use that just to make sure..

It's not turboprint error since it prints from various applications, including a web browser, at some point probably LibreOffice was updated and no longer relates to the previous installed printer
  • Two choices, I think
  • Reinstall LibreOffice to detect the settings for that printer
  • Try reselecting the printer within LibreOffice..
  • Reinstall that printer via turboprint
Thank you for your help.
At the moment it seems that Libre Office was a false positive. I mean that now Libreoffice works, while Inkscape (vector graphic software) is still not working.
And I think it's really Inkscape fault since it doesn't work with Turboprint and when I save the artwork as .pdf and try to print the pdf it prints a something crappy with all the layer messed up.

So, my next try will be to reinstall Inkscape.
raccoss
Level 1
Level 1

Post by raccoss »

resolved, it was due to a sort of incompatibility between the shading fuction of Inkscape and the printer drivers. I don't really need that funcion.

Thank you.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”