Mint 13 and Epsom SX425W install <SOLVED>

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
matey92

Mint 13 and Epsom SX425W install <SOLVED>

Post by matey92 »

Can anyone help. Just taken over my daughters old Acer laptop and have installed Linux Mint 13. I then tried to install the print driver for my Epsom SX425W network 3 in 1 printer. I've tried various thing from this site and others, but I get nowhere. It appears its all installed ok until I try to print the test page (or anything). It just spews out blank page after blank page and I have to turn the printer off to stop it. I am a newbie, so I fear I need a step by step guide!! The printer works fine with windows (xp and 7) and on another laptop with linux mint 11
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Mint 13 and Epsom SX425W install

Post by pdc_2 »

I would use the linux driver that Epson makes for this device:

I would go here

http://avasys.jp/eng/linux_driver/downl ... kjet/escp/

and download the appropriate driver: decide if your system is 32bit or 64bit: as you are using Mint, it uses debian packages; ie packages that end in .deb

when you click on what you feel is the correct package; your system will offer to open or install: if you select install using gdebi package installer; your sudo password will be asked for; all should go well; and you should have a printer driver installed;

see how the above goes..................................
matey92

Re: Mint 13 and Epsom SX425W install

Post by matey92 »

Thanks for that. It worked!! Problem solved.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”