hp m1217nfw, scan not working ...Solved

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
qhris
Level 1
Level 1

hp m1217nfw, scan not working ...Solved

Post by qhris »

hi all, I asked a question about this a couple of weeks ago but got no answers. I'll stick with the computer I use, but I have the same issue on 4 others as well here. I have an hp photosmart plus b210 wireless on my home network that was working just perfect... everything was great and it worked right out of the box with the hp device manager. Because we have 3 kids in school doing a lot of printing I bought a brand new hp laserjet professional m1217nfw MFP. The hp device manager found it on my local network and added it no problem. Of course it did not work out of the box, but no worries, I started to search for the answer and ended up at the hp site for linux drivers. I found through hp that I should download and install the hplip-3.12.6.run driver they provide which I did. The driver installed with no issues and my new printer printed a test page perfectly. The next day I did the same on the rest of the computers (but duhhh....I did not test the scanner). About 2 days later, we tried to scan a document on the 1217mfp and it wouldn't work. The hp device manager said there were no scanners available. I switched back to the hp b210 and the scanner function would not work on it either. I tried and found the situation to be the same on all the computers. (Now I'm in trouble here....) I have uninstalled reinstalled the driver to no avail, and my temporary fix was to reinstall my wifes laptop system (she has an external hd for saving all her data and photos, but the last backup made had my hp update on it) so that we have at least the old hp b210 printer/scanner functioning as it was before on at least one computer.
I am running Linux Mint 13 Cinnamon 64b and my last backup has the hp update I did as well.
Any Ideas would be appreaciated
Chris.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Argo1

Re: hp m1217nfw, prints ok, scan not working

Post by Argo1 »

Have the exact same printer. Same problem too...printer worked in mint 13 but when I unhooked it and went to the office with pc and printer when I hooked them up again no way would it work. Uninstalled hplip and reinstalled no way will it work...out of ideas. Wherer is the list of printers that used to be listed in the earlier versions of Mint?
momist
Level 4
Level 4

Re: hp m1217nfw, scan not working ...Solved

Post by momist »

Hi, this thread is marked "Solved", but no solution given. Is it that easy? What am I missing please?
momist : a follower of the Greek god Momer.
4lynne

Re: hp m1217nfw, scan not working ...Solved

Post by 4lynne »

haha I know what it is as I also have a HP printer the problem is in Cups 1.6 they left out about 700 to 800 printers in the HP series of printers I had to revert back to earlier version of Ubuntu like way back 11.04 to get my printer AND scanner to work . . The very instant I upgrade to 11.10 my printer and scanner CEASE TO FUNCTION something in the file they made to go along with HPLIP 3.12 or something like that just does not talk to it

Return to “Printers & Scanners”